Monday, October 11, 2010

Oct. came too fast

This month has a lot packed into it....trying to decide on the patterns I am going to offer free each week in a small kit starting the 18th.  They are ones that can be done quick and easy and don't cost much at all.  We all need some of those types of gifts to have on hand.  I will be doing 10 of these.  The hard part is deciding how many kits to make up.  I know some people will know how to do some of these, but some of the newer sewers and quilters have not seen them yet.  We are also working on new Christmas lap quilts and table runners and have several kitted and displayed.  One is up but not yet kitted - will be by end of week.  I also got a new video camera last weekend and if we can learn how to use it and get it into the computer I am hoping to get some videos on my website and also in my blog.  One will be on how to cut using the "twister" and the other will be a video on how the twister is made from the cutting and honing of the acrylic to the printing to seeing us putting on feet and packaging it for shipping.  I hope you will find this interesting and that it will shed some light on why they do take a while to make and ship.  Last month we shipped about 6,000 of them to our 2 distributors.  I also ship everyday from my web site.  I want to start working on my next book but haven't had time to do that yet.  I hope to have it out by Spring.  I've heard from some people about the creative ways they have used the twister and come up with some neat patterns!  Let me hear from you if you've got some patterns.  I'd like to show pictures too...hopefully I will get the hang of this so I can make this blog really interesting for all.  Happy Quilting and Sewing.  Marsha

1 comment:

  1. Please check out my blog: http://oops-lah.blogspot.com/. I've posted about the Twister ;). Cheers Vreni

    ReplyDelete